Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Graduation Day: A Memorable Event



It’s more of narrate of what I had went through during my graduation day on 12th December 2014 in BMICH, Sri Lanka. I wrote it into an essay as a practice for myself in addition to evidence this tremendous outstanding occasion.

The thunderous applause from the students rocked the hall when the guest of honour entered to the hall along with the procession of graduates. Everyone was so energized about our visitor. When he had reached his seat, we rose and sang the chant. After the tune, the host invited the chief to give the graduating pupils her speech and the guest after her. Although the first speech was pretty affectionate, the second was very interesting. He talked about the teachings of the university prospects and current representations.

Another round of applause thundered across hall after the speeches while students from each class lined up along the left side of the hall. Many waited enthusiastically for their turn to go onto the stage to receive their degree certificates from the chief guests. When it was our turn, we were all very joyful.

We shook hand and hugged slightly. I was quite shy at that time because it was the first time I am hugging a female other than my mum. The class arranged themselves on the stage and shouted, “We love you, Miss Tay!” before everyone went back to our seats. I was not aware that our classmates intended to do this because other classes did not do this to their teacher. I was bewildered for a second but was glad that we were special.

Almost immediately when all the awards for the graduates of the university were given out, one of our graduates made the vote of thanks by expressing the feelings of the graduation day.
Then the chief guest declared the end of the graduation ceremony and finally we rose and chanted the national anthem and then went in procession to the out of the hall and enjoyed the refreshments.
After the refreshment we went to get the photographs with our friends, lecturers and parents. Until we get the chance to get photographs I went back to the chat with some of my friends who were there. We talked about our memories and our coming career professions. 

The feeling was so special that no words could portray it. It felt as if it was introduced with many other kinds of feelings. The feeling was stronger when I had reached home. I knew I am lying to myself if I told myself I did not miss the university and my friends. Today’s event left me feeling emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment