Friday, October 11, 2013

Can internet friends be real friends?

I have noticed that with technological development our friends have drastically increased.  You might call these friends as internet friends because most of them you I haven’t met before. They are the real friends that we talk online or in person.  Those friends may be found in conversations with other friends in Twitter, Google+ etc or in-jokes or in sharing advice or a listening ear when we need too.
The problem with internet friendships comes when I have to explain them to real friends and family. But how can they be your friend if you've never met them? This is a good question rising today’s society. Actually what do you really have to talk about them?  The answers may be endless and you know what the answer for you.  
When I get into use of computer with internet facility I became available most of the time over internet.  I was in chat-rooms aged 15 making good friends. Earlier both parties traveled for miles so that we could meet each other to share experience.  
Times have changed and technology has become a daily part of our lives.  Without internet there is no friend with the current busy life. With the computer we can go online and make friends through the conversation and effort. We meet so many people through Twitter, Google +, Skype and also we lead to meeting them in real life as well.  
I never met some of my friends but don’t mean I don’t carry them around with me in conversations. Internet friends became more important in some occasions possibly because of our shared love of travel, education etc.  

A lot of us share the same dream of being able to live the life.  That doesn’t meant that my ‘real’ friends were any less important to me as a whole but we all become more and less useful to each other at certain points in friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment