Monday, June 11, 2012

How to Spend Holidays Effectively?


Manage Your Stress in College/University Life
Many students have been going through a stressful period, when they are facing assignment deadlines, examination schedule or personal problems. It is especially heavy when you feel all of the problems knocking your door together.

Once I was a college student, I had to sit for in course exam and also to prepare for the presentation. Few assignments are being rushed in the same week with deadline. There was no one where I can ask for help as same thing for all batch students.  Luckily, I could handle them well. Only when I truly felt the stress obstacle is when I had to take for the exam at the same time, which was a continuous one day exam in two particular subjects. But I successful achieved success at the end.

Have Fun and Stop being Anxious in the holidays
To others I may seem like a quiet person, but the truth is I’m doing a lot of thinking inside, there are so much going on in my mind. I personally like for reading quotes, books, newspapers as well as work on the assignments and presentations while blogging.
Well, when the assignment is given to my hand, on that day I am planning to start the work. And as you all know I need to done it before the deadline and next to enjoy the life.  In the last semester than the first semester I and one of my friends got stress with the assignments as well as presentations and less sleep. But I didn’t see this stress for most of the students. Why? Because they are giving the assignment to do another person get learning sometimes how he/she did as there is viva if not nope. But this is sorry for him/her in the future when he/she applies to the job. Even though I got stressed I achieved success in the life by getting good grades.
Some students can have fun while doing the exams too by sharing the papers. But according to me it’s incorrect. I study hard before the exam and write the paper by memorizing or applying the learned things at class. If you are walking to an interview stop getting stress. Go normally do it properly; you’ll get an outcome better than expected.
Although I have stressed I have planned to use my holidays effectively. I planned to go for tours on tourist attractions and enjoy the life there with families and to relax the mind and body. As soon as I go back to college, I’ll get super busy with next semester projects and placement procedures. Again stress and the same sad which I felt earlier is coming for me. So, I plan to do something useful in this holiday.
Now I've accomplished majority of my goals for the next semester. I can now solve the problem which will be meeting in future for me. Although I am busy with work in the computer I planned to get rid of it for 30 minutes from the starting point o reduce the stress for my eyes. And then, I plan to brush up my knowledge on the Maths, IT, Business for my placements.
According to this still I am spending my time effectively by reducing the stress and having fun in the life.

Spend the holidays ecstatically
First thing would be to chill out and cool your brain! Catch up with your relatives and old buddies to show them that you are still alive. Then, maybe work together with one or more friends on some work. Personally, you would do things for brush up on key skills.
There are so many choices to spend the holidays. But here let’s take seashores. Beaches are perfect for summer holidays as they offer the sun, warmth, water, sand, sandcastles for the children and romantic opportunities. You can sink your toes into the sand or take surfing lessons or charter a sail boat for added excitement and adventure. It is the perfect place for water sports and relaxing.
Adults find that traveling can actually refresh their minds and be more prepared for college or a career once they return. The experience of going out opens their eyes and increases the knowledge. They believe the experience is a precious treasure in lifetime that can be use all throughout their own life.
In the holidays most of the students spend time for sleeping, surfing on the internet or watching movies as they have got stressed. You can also volunteer for an organization with a worthy cause for the people. Here you will learn lot of things especially on developing personal while working with new friends. You can also join to some friends and start sport events to relax the body by reducing the weight.
  
Spend your holidays of the university effectively
The time spent at university is precious, but the long months between studying can be highly rewarding.
  • Don’t let time to be waste – although the temptation will be there to spend 3 months on vacation, encourage students to use it to develop, enhance and improve the content of their CV. And also to relax the mind to reduce stress of work load in the mind.
  • Help to set up some work shadowing – this will give student greater awareness of potential careers that interest them. Options are to go down the formal route to see if they can shadow one of your friends if it’s of interest
  • Encourage students to research internships and placements – the majority of placements take place in the second year of study but it’s a good idea to enter to the competitive world
  • Volunteering– this doesn’t have to relate to the degree, future career but it helps to develop transferable skills such as time management skills, communication and team work
  • Encourage going along to an insight day or week – large companies offer these usually during the Easter and summer vacation. As you would expect, they will offer student insight into working life for a particular sector, company and will help to meet individual
If students are into their Second Year, applying for a summer internship is highly recommended:
·         Often open to students from any degree discipline although they are highly competitive, and the application process, although challenging, is fantastic experience for later life
·         They tend to be offered to students between their one before the last and final year, and are used by employers to get to know students who they will consider for graduate jobs
·         They are seen as a very important stepping stone for many within this crowded market!

Few suggestions on spending your holidays effectively

Prepare for our major examinations – Those who are going to sit for the examinations should spend the holidays to prepare for them. Revise all the topics covered in the lessons besides studying the topics covered in next year syllabuses ahead. Main thing is to try your best to understand a topic before it’s taught in the class. When the teacher comes to the particular part of the lesson where you have read and understood, it would be like a revision for you. That way, revision would be made so much easier as you have gone through the information twice without you knowing it or feeling the stress.

Travel to interesting tourist attractions – Travel locally or abroad will certainly relax and refresh the tired minds and souls. Sri Lanka has a lot to offer with its rich sights, sounds and colors. There are plenty of ideal tourist attractions in like Jaffa, Trincomalee, Kany, Nuwara- Eliya, Hatton etc and also there are golden sandy beaches around Sri Lanka. Travelling can open our eyes to various things around the world and add memorable experiences to lives.

Work as a part-timer – Working as a part-timer to those who have sat for major examination is important because you will have approximately six months before you further your studies to form six or university next year. Since examination results will be out you can gain a lot of working experiences and money by working while waiting for the results. The working experiences will be an edge for you, be it in your scholarship interviews or future job applications.

Take some courses up – There are courses, classes specially nominated for the students during the school holidays to choose from. For instance, Computer based classes, English courses, Driving courses etc. These courses are essential if you want to improve yourselves and learn new skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment